Great News For British Travellers!
Great News For British Travellers as Jet2 announce flight and tourism plans for 2022
The CEO of Jet2 met with tourism professionals in Antalya and announced that they will fly to Turkey from 10 different airports in the UK in 2022: that they will make 172 flights a week and bring 668,000 tourists which is excellent news for this area.
They think that in 2022 it is estimated they will bring:
- 57 flights to Antalya (271,000 tourists)
- 61 flights to Dalaman (276,000 tourists)
- 18 flights to Bodrum (77,000 tourists)
- 12 flights to Izmir (44,000 tourists)
Flights to Antalya over the winter period will bring golfers into our area which is fantastic for resorts in the Belek area. Jet2 are planning to bring 80,000 seats from England and that they will make 10 flights a week.
Entry Requirements To Turkey
The information has been taken at today's date from the British government travel website and may be updated, so please check before you travel;
- Complete an online form (Form for Travel to Turkey) including all arrivals aged 6 and over Inc Turkish citizens and residence permit holders, a maximum 72 hours prior to travel
- Have proof of a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations completed at least 14 days prior arrival in Turkey
- Recent recovery from COVID-19
- A negative PCR test (less than 72 hours of arrival)
- A rapid antigen test (less than 48 hours of arrival)
Any one of these proofs are sufficient for entry and include anyone over the age of 12. Turkey will accept the UK's proof of recovery and vaccination record. If you are traveling from other countries you will need to check your government websites and recommendations.